University Avenue Corridor Redesign - Concept Design
This project consists of identifying the need to respond to the changing demographics within the community and the expectations for a safer, more vibrant and user-friendly commercial core.
Estimated Start Date
July 10, 2017
Estimated Concept Completion Date
March 5, 2018
Jim Harbaugh and Sam Kessel, Bolton & Menk 515-259-9190
City Staff Project Contact
Public Works Director Dalton Jacobus 515-645-6825
The University Avenue Corridor Redesign was kicked off at the City News Hour on July 10, 2017. We have appointed the complete streets advisory committee and selected stakeholder groups for this project. The Complete Streets Advisory Committee will meet with our City Engineers on the University Avenue Corridor Redesign. Please review the proposed timeline below for the meeting dates.
University Avenue Redesign Presentation that was presented by the Complete Streets Advisory Committee on the March 19th Council Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Bolton and Menk are designing the three-lane concept that was approved by Council at the April 16, 2018 council meeting.
30% Design of University Avenue Redesign as of September 11, 2018
- Complete Street Advisory University Avenue Meeting Minutes 9.11.18
- University Avenue Project Proposed Timeline (PDF)
- University Ave Report on Redesign March 19th Presentation
- Complete Streets Advisory Committee Member and Stakeholder Groups Listing
- University Avenue Corridor Redesign Kick-Off Presentation (PDF)
- 2017 University Avenue Traffic Analysis
- Complete Streets Advisory Meeting Notes 8.1.17
- Stakeholder Meeting Notes 8.9.17
- Complete Streets Advisory Committee Meeting Notes 9.5.17
- Complete Street Advisory Committee Meeting Notes 11.6.17
- Stakeholder Meeting Notes 12.4.17
- Complete Streets Advisory Committee Meeting Notes 12.18.17
- Complete Streets Advisory Committee Meeting Gateway Elements 12.18.17
- Complete Streets Advisory Committee Meeting Concept Theme Images 12.18.17
- City News Hour University Avenue Presentation 1.8.17
- 3LANE-36x75 CORRIDOR
- 4LANE-36x75 CORRIDOR
- University Avenue Redesign Question and Answer - October 2017